MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING
RECALCULATION OF TRS BENEFIT
Cairo Unit School District No. 1
Cairo Association of Teachers, IEA / NEA
This Memorandum of Understanding is between the Cairo Unit School District No. 1 (“the District”) and the Cairo Association of Teachers, IEA / NEA (“the Association”).
WHEREAS, the Association is the exclusive bargaining representative of all regularly employed full and part-time certified personnel in the District; and
WHEREAS, a Collective Bargaining Agreement (the “Agreement”) exists between the District and the Association, which was ratified in May 2009; and
WHEREAS, the District and Association have agreed to print the salary schedule reflecting the TRS benefit paid by the District on behalf of the employee as calculated at the time that the Agreement was ratified by the parties;
WHEREAS, the amount of the required TRS contribution is subject to change;
WHEREAS, the Agreement contains a provision requiring the District to pay the full TRS contribution on behalf of the employee;
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the foregoing, and in consideration of the mutual covenants and undertakings hereinafter set forth, the Parties agree as follows:
1. District TRS Contribution to be Published on Salary Schedule. The Parties agree that the cells on the salary schedule attached to the Agreement will include the TRS contribution paid by the District.
2. The Salary Schedules Printed in the Agreement. The Parties agree that the salary schedule printed in the agreement which include both the employee’s salary and the full TRS benefit paid by the District are subject to change depending upon legislated changes in the amount of the full required TRS contribution and shall be modified by the parties to reflect any adjustment in the rate as required by TRS.
3. The Salary Schedule Attachment. The Parties agree that the salary schedules attached hereto are the agreed upon salary schedule ratified by the parties and the base salaries do not include the TRS benefit paid by the District, and further the Parties agree that the base salaries on the attached salary schedule shall serve in any recalculation of TRS benefits as the salary portion of the recalculation formula.
4. Elimination of Step Zero. The Parties agree that the vertical steps on the salary schedule shall be re-numbered such that step “0” shall be eliminated, and the new numbering system shall include steps "1-29," rather than steps "0-28."
5. Term of Agreement. The Parties expressly agree that unless renewed and extended in writing by mutual agreement, this Memorandum of Understanding will expire on June 30, 2011.
6. Entire Agreement; Modification and Amendment. This Memorandum of Understanding contains the entire understanding and agreement between the Parties on these issues, and supersedes all prior written or oral understandings between the parties or their representatives as to the matters addressed above. This Memorandum may be modified or amended only by an instrument in writing duly executed and signed by the parties hereto.